Which Celebrities Bought Homes For Their Parents?
Usually when success hits, parents are some of the lucky individuals that share in the blessings.
For celebrities there are a number of different ways to show your parents you appreciate and love them. For some, like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, you buy your mother a brand new car for Christmas, others might do something else.
In the case of some celebrities, they've shared their massive earnings by buying their parents gorgeous and luxurious new homes. Below is a quick list of some celebrities who have purchased homes for their parents:
- Beyonce Knowles - According to FrontDoor, "Single Ladies" singer purchased a Texas mansion for her mother that boasts of five bedrooms and seven bathrooms over 2.5 acres of land.
- Taylor Swift - In 2011, popular country-turned-pop singer Taylor Swift reportedly shelled out $1.4 million to buy a mansion for her parents. The estate has nearly six acres of hillside with 5,600 square feet of living space.
- Liam Payne - Member of the international music group One Direction Liam Payne bought a property in Surrey that will house his family. Earlier this year the young star made a savvy real estate investment with the home which reportedly cost about 350,000 pounds (over $500,000) for the home which has already increased in value.
- Duke and Duchess of CambridgeIt's not only Hollywood stars that purchase homes for parents, apparently Royals do it as well. Us Magazine has reported that Prince William helped his wife Kate Middleton to purchase a new home for her parents. The 18 hectare property with a 7-bedroom Georgian manor was estimated to be worth about $7.3 million in 2012. "He sees them as his own family and wants to help out in any way he can," explained the source of why the heir to the throne shelled out money for his in-laws.
- Demi Lovato - According to FrontDoor, as her major splurge on her birthday, singer Demi Lovato purchased a Spanish-style home in Sherman Oaks, Calif. The four bedroom residence sits on 4,053 square feet.
- Mischa Barton - "The O.C." actress bought her parents and sister a Beverly Hills home in 2005. The Mediterranean-style villa is located in Bowmont Estates which offer a view of the canyons and Catalina Island, reported the publication.
What do you think about these generous celebrities? Now that's one way to show your parents how much you care for them.